Saturday, April 8, 2017

Exercise Log while on the 670G

** This page will be updated each weekday until stated it won't be.

I have exercised each day using a Nordic Track skiier during the week after starting in Auto Mode for approximately 1.5 hours each time.  Prior to Auto Mode, exercising was very difficult for me.  I would go low during the exercise or after.  I kept my BG's significantly higher because exercising made my BG's plummet so quickly.  To compensate for that, I'd nearly turn off my pump 1 hour before exercising.

Since going into Auto Mode, I've not had to worry at all.  It's been so easy.   I decided to try 3 different pre-exercise routines (not any settings on the pump, but rather the things I do prior to exercise to compensate for the exercise) to see which one worked the best for me.  My exercise routine is always 1 hour to 1 hour 30 minutes depending upon my day.  I normally exercise between 11 am and 2 pm schedule permitting.

On Wednesday 4/5/2017 I put myself into Temp Basal Mode 1 hour before my workout for a duration of 2 hours.  I wasn't high enough (135) so I ate a slice of Dave's Good Seed Killer Bread Thin and didn't dose for it.  I did not go super low.  I had only been in Auto Mode for 24 hours so it wasn't a big deal.  I did remember to mark Exercise on the pump at the beginning which I forgot to do each day after.

Thursday 4/6

On Thursday 4/6/2017 I went into Temp Basal Mode 30 minutes prior to exercise for a duration of 2 hours. I exercised for 1h 6m because I had a meeting.  I had a piece of Dave's Good Seed Killer Bread Thin right before working out.

Friday 4/7

On Friday 4/7/2017 I went into Temp Basal Mode right before exercise.  Dave's Good Seed Killer Bread Thin right before working out. I exercised for 1h 3m.  I canceled Temp Basal Mode manually 15 minutes before stopping the workout which worked best for me.



Started Temp Basal Mode 1 hour prior to exercise at 1:30. I did not snack beforehand.   I did go down to 79 45 minutes into my workout and covered it with a Kind bar of 23 carbs.  That did not raise me quick enough so I opted for old faithful, GoGo Squeeze applesauce and dosed for it.  My temp basal turned off approximately 30 minutes prior to the end of my workout.  We'll see the aftermath shortly.  Tomorrow I am not doing cardio.  Wednesday I will put on Temp Basal Mode 2 hours prior to exercise with a duration of 3 hours.



I wanted to try a 2 hour temp target but didn't have the time due to work.  I went into temp target mode maybe 5 minutes before starting to work out at 11:45 am.  I ate a piece of Dave's Killer Bread with peanut butter right before and prayed for the best.  The best avoided me and I had to eat during the workout as I expected I would have to. I bolused for what I ate during the workout to prevent a super high spike.  It worked pretty well.  Thursday I will try the 2 hour temp target prior to working out.

2 hours prior to workout going into Temp Target didn't work for me. I started my Temp Target at 10 am and started exercising at 12:30.  Forgot to mark it on the pump so the running man appears.  Halfway through the workout I was at 65 and dropping.  I countered that with the good ole GoGo Squeeze.  Tommorw I will try suspending 30 minutes prior to exercise then starting Temp Target 30 minutes into my workout and see how that turns out.

Well, my intent was to suspend delivery 30 minutes prior to working out and go in to Temp Target Mode when I started working out.  Housework got the best of me and I ended up being suspended for close to an hour prior to working out.  Obviously went high but topped out at 210 which is fantastic for a top out.  Tomorrow, I will not get sidetracked and only suspend for 30 minutes prior.

Well, I suspended delivery 30 minutes prior to the workout but was ravenously hungry prior to the workout so I ate a tablespoon of peanut butter. When I started working out I went into Temp Target Mode for a duration of 1 hour.  I will do this again on Tuesday when I'm back, it isn't the weekend and I'm acting more stable.  I think this is the winner for me.

I finally got the incline trainer I've been wanting.  My goal is to exercise more efficiently and cut down my total workout time from 2 hours to 1-1.5 hours.  I ran for 40 minutes and did strength exercises for about 10 minutes.  By BG stayed stable after going into Temp Basal Mode for 30 minutes prior to the workout for a duration of 1 hour.  I ate a Dave's Killer Bread Good Seed Thin right before exercising (13 carbs)  I did go low after the workout so on Thursday I will be going in to temp mode 1 hour prior without adding carbs before the workout.


Thursday 4/27/2017
Today I turned on Temp Basal Mode 1 hour prior to workout for a duration of 2 hours.  I am not eating beforehand.





These charts were pulled from the Weekly Review report after uploading my data to Carelink.  



No comments:

Post a Comment