Thursday, April 13, 2017

Ch ch ch ch ch ch ch chaaanges

Here are the technical details for the modifications that were made to my settings prior to and after going on Auto Mode.

ALWAYS CONSULT YOUR PHYSICIAN AND WAIT FOR TRAINING TO MAKE ADJUSTMENTS.

Prior to going into Manual Mode on the 670G
My carb ratio was modified to try to accommodate the highs I had after 2 pm each day.  My Suspend Before Low was set to 80 to minimize the rebound.  It worked well for me.

Prior to going into Auto Mode on the 670G
My active insulin time was changed from 4 to 3 hours based on successful results from trial patients.
My carb ratio for after 2 pm was adjusted slightly as well.

After going on Auto Mode on the 670G
My active insulin was changed from 3 to 2.5 as recommended by the trainer and test results. There is a possibility that it could down to 2.  Recommended active insulin in  Auto Mode is between 2 and 2.5
My carb ratios are getting slightly modified to minimize sharp drops after meals.

Looking for a most steady line.

After the second full week in Auto Mode, we changed my active insulin time to 2.25 hrs.  Might go as low as 2 hours in a week, but we'll see how the 2.25 hours does for me.

In my opinion, the sensor tape is far more comfortable than the previous version.  I find that it stays in place better as well.  When the sensor is inserted, it's pretty much visually identical to the previous sensor and transmitter.


5/28/2016
Went down to 2.0 hrs for active insulin time

The reason the active insulin is reduced is because the pump gives microboluses.  Once the insulins' strength starts decaying, there isn't a point to count is as active.  While Active Insulin time applies in manual mode, Active Insulin Time in Auto mode should be considered Peak Insulin Time.




6 comments:

  1. Great info Kate. Is the 670G sensor tape easier to apply? I use alternative insertion locations, including back of my upper arm, which is a very difficult area to apply overtape to without help from my wife.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the new tape has 3 sections and it is easier to apply. The first section is way smaller than it used to be and thus easier to handle without it taping to itself.

      Delete
    2. Sorry I didn't see this comment! What Linda said is right and so true. It is much easier to handle now. "Crap I need to go get a tegaderm" has been removed from my vocabulary :)

      Delete
  2. Great Info! I'm currently on a 630g and on the list to get the 670g. Thank you for sharing your experience!

    I've had success with keeping my sensor connected for 12 days (I disconnect and reconnect after the first 6 days without a recharge). Have you been keeping your sensor running longer then 6 days? Also my trainer found a nice addition to keep the sensor secure:
    https://www.grifgrips.com/collections/gear/products/grifgrips-secure-tape-colors

    The tape is great! I cut a 6" strip and cover my sensor and have no issues. Hope that helps!

    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  3. I change my sensor when specified by the label on the sensor. I have sensitive skin so the one time i did try it, it irritated my skin having a foreign object in longer than indicated it should be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I use the GrifGrips as well and I have very sensitive skin and this is the only thing that I have found that doesn't irritate my skin. I will be updating to the 670G in November and all your comments are getting me excited. for the change.

    ReplyDelete